Job Display - Return to Search Results
Legal and Business Affairs Executive
FremantleMedia Australia, part of the FremantleMedia worldwide group is one of Australia’s largest independent producers of iconic Australian television including Family Feud, The Great Australian Bake Off, Neighbors, Wentworth and Grand Designs is delighted to invite applications for a mid-level commercial lawyer to join its Legal and Business Affairs Team in Sydney.
• Based in Sydney at our St Leonard’s Office.
• Requirements. Australia Citizen or Permanent Resident or otherwise entitled to reside and work in Australia permanently.
• Must be admitted as a legal practitioner of the Supreme Court of New South Wales Australia, or another state or territory of Australia.
• Mid-level position providing legal advice and services under the direction of and reporting/supporting the Legal and Business Affairs Manager.
• Dealing with all transactional legal matters arising out of an FM Australia production (from development to distribution) covering TV Drama, Light Entertainment, Digital and Branded Entertainment;
• Negotiation and preparing rights acquisition and option agreements for concepts, formats and pre-existing properties (such as concepts or books);
• Preparing program and format acquisition and licensing agreements;
• Preparing and managing brand licensing, promotion, and product agreement for the FMA brands and brand extensions generally;
• Providing legal advice when required on matters including insurance, property, employment and related matters in the conduct of the company;
GENERAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR YOUR POSITION:
• 3 -4 years post admission experience.
• Solid and demonstrated commercial legal experience, preferably in private practice.
• Some knowledge of or experience in television financing and production, particularly television drama would be highly regarded
• Confident drafting and negotiation skills.
• Well-developed technical legal skills. Working knowledge and practical experience in some or all the following: Corporations Law, Copyright Law, Employment and Industrial Law, Insurance, Contract, Defamation, Privacy, Breach of Confidence, Australian Consumer Law
• Pro-active communicator, and the ability to manage stakeholders and competing interests;
• Well developed interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritise tasks and projects and provide timely, high quality legal advice
• Team player; strong commitment to client service
• Commercial perspective and a commitment to ethical practices.
• Ability to identify problems and provide effective, commercial solutions.
Please submit a cover letter and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . References will be required.
Applicants who don’t meet all the above criteria but feel like they have the skills and ability to perform the job requirements to a high standard are encouraged to apply.
Salary commensurate with experience and industry standard.
Applications close Friday 24 March 2017.
More information on this Job
ID: 8351491 - Save Job
: Recruitment Jobs
Your one stop shop to find jobs in Australias television industry...