Job Display - Return to Search Results
Security Officer Bullsbrook WA AU 6084 Job at Ventia
Ventia are an operations, maintenance and services organisation operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property, and defence sectors.
Ventia is currently seeking a Security Officer to perform in-scope administration activities across the allocated contract on a full-time basis. The Security Officer role is an administrative position critical to ensuring the desired security culture is promoted and maintained across Defence, it is not a physical security guarding/patrolling role.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Promoting security awareness and shaping security culture across the contract.
- Delivering security briefings (eg. overseas travel, induction/departure & cyber security)
- Coordinating and assisting clearance subjects through a clearance process, including ‘aftercare’ activities and obtaining a Defence Common Access Card (DCAC).
- Ensuring staff are aware of security requirements and incident procedures.
- Assist with reporting and coordinating of security incident investigations.
- Compile security component for end of month reporting & conduct monthly invoicing to AGSVA.
- Assist the Performance and Security Manager with the security assurance regime by:
- maintaining a Security Register,
- conducting an Annual Security Report (ASR),
- conducting self-certification of Zone 2 areas,
- assisting in the maintenance of Defence Industry Security Program (DISP) membership.
- Work with the Contract Services team to deliver Management, Integration & Coordination activities across the contract.
- Assist with all team activities as required which may include one or more of the following, within reason:
- Provide backup for the Performance & Security Manager with regard to reporting & investigation of Operational Compliance and Performance Indicator incidents and report in accordance with the approval process
- Perform data entry and other administrative tasks to maintain the Learning Management System, training database, Integrated Management System (IMS), team site and other administrative tasks as required.
- Customer Feedback & Training – provide back up for customer feedback and training processes as required.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the National Manager, Contract Services.
Skills and Experience:
- Sound IT skills (SAP, Microsoft package)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated administration and organisational skills, including attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Completed tertiary education, diploma level or higher is desirable
- Demonstrated experience in assurance/audit
- An ability to successfully engaging stakeholders from various levels of the business
- Demonstrated experience in managing employees who are remotely located
- Work experience in estates or facilities management desirable
- An understanding of contract management and quality management systems is desirable
- Sound knowledge in MS Word, Excel and Power point. An understanding of Visio is desirable.
- Results focused with the ability to identify and prioritise problems and issues, generate solutions and work collaboratively to achieve a successful outcome
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with a high degree of motivation.
It is a requirement that the position holder is:
- An Australian Citizen prior to the completion of the selection process;
- Successful in obtaining and maintaining a NEGATIVE VETTING LEVEL 1 security clearance for the duration of their appointment in the position.
To ApplyMore information on this Job
Please visit the Careers section of our website or Click “APPLY” to forward your application CV, along with copies of any relevant qualifications, and proof of Citizenship.
Ventia is an equal opportunity employer and we strive to recruit and appoint the best available person regardless of sex, age, religion, race, marital status, nationality, sexual orientation or disability.
ID: 18629318 - Save Job
: Education Jobs
We now begin the next chapter towards operating as an integrated business, with the launch of a combined website.
As an integrated Ventia, we offer our clients a broader, deeper platform of experience and capabilities. Explore our site to learn more about what we do to support our clients and communities across Australia and New Zealand.
Broadspectrum, along with our telecommunications business Visionstream, will be rebranded Ventia. The legal entities of both businesses will remain unchanged for now.
The legacies of both organisations will remain firmly embedded in our company’s heritage and its future, as we continue delivering on our brand promise to clients, making infrastructure work for our communities and being sustainable in all that we do.
We are Ventia.