Job Display - Return to Search Results
Senior Technical Specialist- 5G4G Mobile Data Core Sydney Macquarie Park HQ Australia Job at Optus
Mobile Data Core Engineering is accountable for the strategic planning, design and delivery of the Mobile Data Core Network, including the evolution to the 5G core and 5G SA Core implementation and deployment. The successful candidate will be required to act as a project prime and platform owner, being responsible for all technical components around network design of the project including the scoping, design, testing, documentation and all steps required for the successful implementation in the production network. The position requires an excellent knowledge of packet core and virtualization technologies with the ability to accurately document network designs and deploy network configurations in production. The role also requires the ability to generate solution designs independently and to review the designs completed by others. Knowledge and skills in EPC and virtualization are essential, with 5G SA Core knowledge and experience preferable.
- Platform ownership for Mobile Data Core, entailing life cycle management, capacity management, platform architecture and evolution, and capital management associated with the platform (including tendering, bench marking, and Business case submission).
- Strategic Planning, design and evolution/transition of the Mobile Data Core from a Native based network to a fully virtualised, container based and scalable/sliceable network.
- Own and manage the preparation, execution and reporting of the AOP planned activities and budget requirements. Prepare capital submissions to support planned network activities, monitor and improve implementation progress.
- Ensure systems/platforms are planned, designed, deployed, operated and maintained to Optus’ business requirement, technical specifications and the relevant Optus design standards.
- Accountable to ensure platform capacity utilisation does not exceed agreed Engineering thresholds, and that required capacity is delivered within the stipulated lead times, and as per forecasts.
- Accountable to ensure that platform performance is consistently maintained within agreed tolerance limits and drive quick recovery in the event of any degradation of service levels.
- Drive the development of platform roadmaps, architecture, software features and evolution plans (0-3 year) by working with the architecture teams and actively provide inputs to 3+ year plans.
- Vendor management, SOW scope and commercial negotiations
Experience and Qualifications
- A technical qualification (degree) in Telecommunications Engineering (or related Engineering discipline) or equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in telecommunications. Both depth and breadth of technical experience is required
- At least 7 years’ Mobile Packet Core for UMTS, LTE and 5G NSA, SA Core technology, platforms and protocols role
- Ericsson Packet Core platform experience for SGSN, GGSN, MME, S/P GW, AMF, SMF, UPF, NSSF and NRF, including platform functionality, design, implementation & signalling
- Traffic Steering & DPI technologies
- Experience with the design of VoLTE & Voice over Wifi network design and evolution to VoNR
- Experience with Signalling protocols such as GTP, Diameter, Radius and 5G SBI
- Experience in Service Policy, Online and Offline Charging and Billing
- Experience of Network Virtualisation and Cloud technologies for Packet Core VNF and CNFs
- Sound knowledge of 5G Core for standalone and non-standalone architecture
- Good Knowledge of Network Slicing
- Good Knowledge of 3GPP standard for 5G system R16 and interfaces.
- Product development and/or customer design experience
- Experience in liaising with middle and senior management
- Experience with network test tools / procedures
- Experience in a large scale network environment
More information on this Job
ID: 18597228 - Save Job
: IT Jobs
Working at Optus
Choice, Growth and Flexibility
Each person is a unique and valuable part of our team. We strive to create an environment that appeals to the very best people in the industry, then provide them with a satisfying workplace and reward their performance.
We take pride in the progressive nature of our employment practices, and commitment to our wider community. Our people can donate to the charity of their choice through a Workplace Giving Program.
We also extend the benefits of working at Optus to our peoples families through yes family days, and provide the Employee Assistance Program to employees and their immediate families for help with any personal or work-related problem.
Our philosophy is to offer people choice and flexibility to help them grow both professionally and personally, and to be adaptable to the needs of their particular stage in life. We do this by focusing on four areas:
My Optus Experience
Our core values are integral to ensuring the future success of our company. Our people embrace the values of: