Job Display - Return to Search Results
AUS-Brisbane Sydney Project Controls Specialist Job at PayPal
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. Thats why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they
e our communities too. Were designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
With an increased workload in the Water Infrastructure team, Stantec is seeking a Project Controls Specialist to work in our Australian team, ideally based in Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney, however, would consider other locations within Australia.
This role will ensure our projects are well managed through the project life cycle by supporting Project Managers to plan, program, coordinate and manage specific projects whilst taking on certain task management elements of individual projects as they arise.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Implement established project control processes and procedures for project execution, including, but not limited to, earned value management, management of change, and forecast cost and revenue projections.
• Support development of Project Execution Plan, change management plan, and the Project Control Plan
• Prepare and establish Baseline schedule, controls budgets, and resource load schedule in conjunction with both Project Management and Engineering Team Members when required.
• Monitor cost and schedule alignment
o Develop WBS with project team.
o Identify critical path.
o Understand schedule slippages and propose mitigation strategies if required.
o Resource monitoring
o Monitor by measuring against schedule baseline and control budget through progressing and forecasting.
o Support PM in preparation of invoicing and claim backup.
o Cost and Schedule variances (CV/PV)
o Cost and Schedule Trend (CPI/SPI)
• Be accountable and drive quality by providing accurate reports and monitoring within the timelines set out for the project.
• Coordinate technical requirements and budgets for proposals and/or scope changes throughout Project lifecycle.
To be successful for this role youll need:
• Strong self-organisational and process skills, comfortable with multiple tasks, and outcome focused.
• Strong interpersonal skills able to communicate with a wide range and levels of people, to elicit cooperation and apply diplomacy in tense situations.
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, knowledge of PM software (P6 and MS Project skills would be advantageous) and a facility for quickly learning company PM/Financial tools and processes.
• Sound administrative skills including attention to detail, written and oral communication.
• Conscientious person willing to take initiative and ownership of areas of responsibility to meet project requirements. Ability to work on several projects or tasks during any given day on a consistent basis
• Must be able to manage time, be organised, and set priorities
Project Controls Specialist
Relevant experience required.
Project Management, Project Planning and Controls
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.
Australia-New South Wales Sydney, Australia-Queensland Brisbane
New South Wales, Queensland
Brisbane, SydneyMore information on this Job
ID: 18580187 - Save Job
: Transport Jobs
Global payments giant.