Job Display - Return to Search Results
AUS-Melbourne Compliance Quality Control Specialist Job at PayPal
The mission of the Seller Compliance QC team at Square is to provide encouraging feedback on constructive observations; valuable insight into trends, processes, procedures and highlight opportunities for efficiency. This is achieved by sampling decisions made by the Compliance Team.
We are looking for a SAR/SMR Quality Control (QC) Specialist to help quality review US Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs), Australian Suspicious Matter Reports (SMRs) and UK Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and you will be reporting to the Seller Compliance QC Lead based in Melbourne, Australia.
* Sample multiple decisions arising from compliance-related alerts related to US and UK SARs and Australian SMRs.
* Recognize patterns, evaluate data and metrics to make constructive observations to enhance training, procedures and consistency in decision-making
* Have, or can quickly develop, knowledge of the Compliance team processes to assess decisions against procedures
* Understand regulatory landscape and compliance requirements; with emphasis on applicable BSA/AML requirements including customer identification procedure, due diligence best practice, sanction screening requirements, and anti-money laundering protocols
* Work in collaboration to provide regular feedback to individuals and their Leads, develop and deliver guidance and training on observations
* Knowledge in AML transaction monitoring/suspicious activity reporting typologies
* Familiarity with relevant AML laws and regulations and industry best practices
* Based in either the US or Australia
* 3+ years experience in BSA/AML/Compliance, preferably in a financial institution or related FinTech payments space
* 2 plus years US Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) experience or Australian Suspicious Matter Reporting (SMR) Experience or UK Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) experience; minimum 1 year
* Experience in a quality control role (design, implementation and operations) is ideal
* Transaction analysis skills that apply across numerous financial products in complex scenarios
* Adept communication skills when delivering feedback to individuals
* Seek cross team collaboration
* An ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a desire to deliver outstanding results
* Passion for Square, and an interest in technology/knowledge of the industry
* Bachelors degree or equivalent practical experience
* Familiarity with using and writing SQL queries
* Knowledge of Looker and experience creating complex dashboards would be an advantage
* Experience manipulating and presenting trends to management using large data-sets
* Experience doing customer due diligence and enhanced customer due diligence
* Experience creating presentations for all partners and vendor staff
* Project management experience
* Bi-lingual proficiency in French or Spanish
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
* Healthcare coverage
* Retirement Plans
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Wellness perks
* Paid parental leave
* Paid time off
* Learning and Development resourcesMore information on this Job
ID: 18580111 - Save Job
: HR Jobs
Global payments giant.