Job Display - Return to Search Results
AUS-Sydney Acoustics Section Manager Job at PayPal
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. Thats why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they
e our communities too. Were designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of Section Manager is suited to a proactive individual who is looking to take the next step in their career. We are ideally seeking a qualified candidate with substantial experience across all project sizes from low rise to high rise building projects. We are involved in a vast variety of project types including retail, office, prison, defence, residential, hospitals, industrial, education and infrastructure.
You will be responsible for the management and strategic direction of all aspects of the Acoustics Section. Provide required support to PEs to ensure overall section is consistently focussed in terms of financial performance, QA adherence, risk management, and staff morale. Represent the company externally to Clients and play a senior and active role in managing these relationships. Reinforce cultural behaviours across the Section.
You will enjoy a diverse position and will need to have the ability to multitask and share your time between project involvement, business development, section performance and management responsibilities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Management of current and future workloads within the Acoustic Section to achieve attainment of financial targets whilst ensuring high staff morale.
• Support and offer guidance to Project Engineers, Engineers and Graduate Engineers to enable them to perform successfully at all levels.
• Ensure that the Acoustic Section maintains an appropriate level of service to key Clients.
• Design, documentation and superintendence including project review, liaison with client and consultant team, liaison with authorities, reporting, contract administration and quality audits.
• Facilitate knowledge sharing and proactively engage with your discipline in other offices.
• Adhere to professional standards, ethics and Stantec quality procedures.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Tertiary Engineering qualification
• Extensive Acoustic Engineering experience, ideally predominately working in consultancy environment
• Section client satisfaction – both internal and external.
• Active management of current and future workloads.
• Sound knowledge of Australian Building Codes and standards
• Competence and effort in managing risk exposure.
• Ability to multitask between project involvement, Section performance and management responsibilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
• Positive, can-do attitude
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts.
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
• Professional Memberships
• Salary Continuance Insurance (SCI)
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
Acoustics Section Manager
Tertiary Engineering qualification
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Australia-New South Wales Sydney
New South Wales
SydneyMore information on this Job
ID: 18580082 - Save Job
: HR Jobs
Global payments giant.