Job Display - Return to Search Results
Senior Ports and Marine Engineer Perth Western Australia AU Job at Hatch
Requisition ID: 39714
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch, a full-service consultancy, is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Ports and Marine Engineer to join the Infrastructure group in Perth.
The Ports & Terminals Practice (P&T) is a global capability that serves our Infrastructure, Mining & Metals and Energy clients to solve their toughest engineering challenges. Our Australia-Asia P&T practice is continuing to grow and expand our delivery capability within the region. We are seeking a Senior Ports and Marine Engineer to be based in Perth, Western Australia.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated established engineer in the ports, marine and coastal industry with demonstrated hands-on experience delivering for a broad range of clients in port planning, port infrastructure and marine engineering projects.
This will involve:
- Accurate needs definition of client requirements
- Overseeing technical teams in the delivery of port and marine studies or design documentation
- Overseeing accurate implementation and adherence to specifications of design solutions delivered to clients including supervision and sign-off of completed work
- Active mentorship and development of graduates in technical fields of port and marine competencies
- Working within virtual teams in other geographies and business units for seamless delivery of clients in any location
- Coordinating with multiple disciplines to deliver integrated project solutions
- Supporting business development initiatives
- Ensuring the delivery of quality work according to Hatch standards and procedures
If you are interested in working with leading experts across various sectors? Join our Infrastructure! team today!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Work closely with other Hatch Business Units Leadership and its clients to support the development of opportunities and new business ventures
- Take a proactive role in the P&T task definition and accurate planning during the sales cycle by contributing to identifying leads, transitioning these into opportunities, formulating proposals and crafting work and project approaches
- Leverage professional network to develop new opportunities
- Collaboratively engage with clients throughout the project lifecycle process
- Take on applicable project or task leadership roles and being responsible for the on time, on budget and on specification delivery of services and solutions
- Delivering excellence throughout projects and seeking opportunities to improve the client and/or project outcomes
- Take ownership of health, safety and environmental initiatives to “Work Safely Together” and contribute to a culture to minimise impacts on others or the environment
- Actively partake in and regularly connect with the P&T global practice through communication, activities in sharing of skills and supporting new initiatives
- Coach / Mentor others using a hands-on approach to further develop capabilities in Hatch
- Build a culture of collaboration with peers and partners
- Periodic travel might be required for periods of time
- Be a champion of inclusion and diversity
You bring to the role:
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering discipline.
- Chartered Engineer with Engineers Australia or a similar recognised institute.
- Experience with front end study delivery.
- Experience in detail design in port and/or marine structures, including development of load cases, detail structural analysis and design according to best practice codes and standards
- Proven business and technical experience having demonstrated client engagement skills that enabled problem synthesis and solution development through targeted interactions
- Experience working with distributed teams of professionals and in managing teams of professionals
Why join us?
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Collaborate with leading consultants and technical experts towards a better world through positive change
- The opportunity to drive your career
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.
#LI-IC1More information on this Job
ID: 18541927 - Save Job
: Financial Services Jobs
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.