Job Display - Return to Search Results
Structural EIT Vancouver BC CA Job at Hatch
Requisition ID: 34745
Job Category: Campus
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies. Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change–providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges!
The PDG group at Hatch is seeking a Structural Engineering new grad with interest in structural analysis and design of heavy industrial structures and foundation systems. Reporting to the Structural Discipline Lead Engineer you will support projects globally working from the Vancouver office.
What a Career at Hatch Will Offer You:
- Be given opportunities to contribute to complex projects around the world in meaningful ways
- Work on challenging projects and problems and gain experience in the office and on project sites
- Collaborate with diverse teams locally and globally
- Work in an exciting environment where you can apply your academic learning on a daily basis
- Gain relevant experience and support in obtaining your professional designation
- Benefit from formal and informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry
- Participate in local Professional Development Programs, Sustainability Week, Toastmasters, and more to develop your skills
- Join in charitable, social, and sports activities with other Hatch employees
We’re entrepreneurs with a technical soul. Our flat organizational structure creates an atmosphere of openness and participation. We build practical solutions that are safe, innovative, and sustainable. Our ultimate goal is to achieve no harm for our people, our clients, and our communities.
- Work independently to apply engineering principles and perform calculations, structural analysis and design of heavy industrial structures and foundations
- Work collaboratively to share the results of your work with senior members of the discipline and / or other Hatch groups
- Prepare calculation reports to support the results of your analysis and design, to be checked by senior colleagues and used to support engineering documents used by internal and external stakeholders
- Become knowledgeable of structural analytical software and tools, building and material design codes, discipline workflows and execution, process building and equipment structure and foundation systems, and other industrial components / processes you are assigned to assess
- Participate in office and site safety training and inductions as needed to support office and site activities
- Willingness and ability to travel and work in other Hatch offices or project work sites (including remote sites) as needs and opportunities arise
Education and Experience:
- Must be working towards graduating in 2021, or recently graduated, with a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with specialization in Structural Engineering or Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering
- Excel academically while being actively involved in extra-curricular and/or volunteer activities at school or in the community
- Preferred academic courses include: Structural Analysis, Structural Mechanics, Reinforced Concrete Design, Structural Steel Design, Foundation Design
- Preferred advanced courses include: Structural Dynamics, Finite Element Analysis, Seismic Design
- Previous relevant coop and summer work terms or internships in structural engineering is an asset
- Academic or work experience with structural software SAP2000 and/or STAADPro, MathCAD, and Bentley Microstation CAD software is an asset
Competencies (knowledge, skill, attributes):
- Good understanding of engineering and business fundamentals as they apply to engineering problems and projects
- Ability to learn quickly and to take on new challenges
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Shows critical and creative thinking and problem solving, and brings forward solutions for our clients' toughest challenges
- Adapts and embraces change
For more information on our graduate recruiting process visit hatch.com/students.
Note: Applicants must submit a transcript (official or unofficial) upon application
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation. More information on this Job
ID: 18301037 - Save Job
: Engineering Jobs
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace your visions as our own and partner with you to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are employee-owned and independent—free to bring our best thinking to your business. Our exceptional, diverse teams combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects.